417 Visa WHV Working Holiday / 462 Working Holiday Maker Visa

This category of visas is to facilitate young people cultural exchange and experience in Australia tourism. Therefore it is temporary in nature. There are two types of Working Holiday visas. They are available to applicants depending on the country of btheir citizenship but both visas enable young people to travel in Australia for extended periods and to support themselves during their stay with short-term employment in any industry. The program is usually reciprocal, allowing young Australians to travel and work under similar arrangements in partner countries.

Visa DIfferenceWorking Holiday visa (subclass 417)Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
Difference AreaFor applicants with a passport from Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Irish, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom. This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) – and Canadian, French and Irish citizens 18 to 35 years old (inclusive) – have their first extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip.


For applicants with a passport from Argentina, Austria, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Czech Republic, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, USA, Uruguay and Vietnam.

Education BackgroundN/ABoth visas allow people to extent extra 2 years, provides the applicant meets visa requirements.
Contact us to get updated information on visas options. 
Supporting LetterN/ASupporting Letter form original Country (Unless the come from Argentina,People’republic of China,Israel, Singapore or USA)
EnglishN/AProof of English communication skills in English(Except USA,Cannada,New Zealand,English citizen)
Proof of financial resourcesAUD $5,000AUD $5,000